Who doesn’t love a chicken tender?! This recipe is easy to recreate, the kiddos won’t know the difference and Mom & Dad can be happy too! You can use these in so many recipes! Add some pasta sauce and spaghetti squash and you have yourself Chicken Parmesan. Or slice it up with a salad make a crispy chicken salad!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1/3 cup coconut oil for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat 1/4 cup coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- While the oil is heating, prepare the chicken. Place almond flour, tapioca starch, garlic salt, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper in a bowl and mix.
- Put the whisked eggs in a separate bowl.
- Dip each chicken tenderloin into the egg and then coat each with the almond flour mixture.
- Place the prepared chicken into the hot oil and fry it for 5 minutes. Once the first side is browned, turn the chicken and fry the other side for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and shows no pink in the middle.
- During the last minute of frying, sprinkle paprika over the chicken.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or with spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 400ºF.
- Spray the air fryer basket generously with avocado spray, and place as many chicken tenders in the basket that will fit with plenty of space in between. Spray tenders with additional avocado spray to lightly coat.
- Fry for 10 minutes, flipping once at 5 minutes.
- Repeat until all tenders are cooked and internal temp is 165ºF.