It’s PUMPKIN SEASON! So of course…
Step aside sweet potato it is pumpkins turn.
1/2 tsp sal
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Slice pumpkin in half, then scoop out seeds. (Save them for roasting) Peel off pumpkin skin using a potato peeler. (Peel second so it isn’t slippery when cutting.)
3. Cut pumpkin into 1/4-1/2 inch strips.
4. Mix olive oil and seasonings in a bowl. Dip pumpkin strips in the bowl so they’re coated in the mixture or you can brush generously.
5. Place fries on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Roast fries for 15 minutes or until tender. Raise temperature to 400 F and broil the fries for another 3 minutes until they’re nice and crispy.
7. Raise temperature to 400 F and broil the fries for another 3 minutes until they’re nice and crispy.
8. Top fries with any topping of your choice. (crumbled blue cheese, drizzled balsamic, bacon) Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from 12tomatoes.