Who doesn’t love the combination of slightly spicy and sweet? Especially when that sweetness comes from fresh, local honey. At Trivida, we have partnered with a local beekeeper to bring the freshest and tastiest honey around, to our community. Stop by and grab a jar! Also, if you are looking for more honey inspired recipes like this one. Check out these recipes from the National Honey Board https://www.honey.com/recipes
1 1/2 pounds Fresh Salmon Fillet
1 tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1/3 cups Raw Honey
1 Jalapeno Pepper
1 tablespoons Raw Honey
2 tablespoons Lime Juice (fresh)
2 tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
1/4 cups Diced Red Onions
1/4 serving Bell Pepper, Red
1 fruit Mango, Raw
- Peel and dice a whole mango. Finely chop bell pepper, cilantro, and red onion. Seed and mince 1 small jalapeno.
- To prepare the salsa, combine the mango, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, 1T of lime juice, 1T honey, and jalapeno in a
medium bowl. Stir well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Whisk together the honey, hot sauce and remaining lime juice in a small bowl.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry; brush liberally with honey mixture. Place skin side up on a well oiled grill over medium coals; cook
for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly charred. Turn and cook for 8 to 10 minutes more, basting liberally with sauce during cooking.
- Remove from grill and transfer to a serving platter. Top with mango salsa.